Research & Evaluation Intern
About Noah’s Arc Foundation
Noah’s Arc Foundation (NAF) is the charitable organization of NBA star Joakim Noah that was built on the principle of self-expression and the belief that every child has a unique passion, one that drives, excites and empowers them. Joakim has it – and his mother saw it. Now, together, they want to help children tap into those gifts by encouraging them to discover their true selves through the powerful combination of art and sports. The goal of NAF’s programs is to help children become more aware and conscious of their ability to make a positive impact on themselves and their community, and ultimately achieve their full potential in all areas of their lives. Additionally, NAF’s Drop of Consciousness™ movement is infused throughout each program, working to promote peace, unity, and positive change.
The Research & Evaluation Intern (REI) is a new, volunteer intern position offered by NAF. The REI will collaborate with leadership to help develop and implement a program evaluation model of NAF’s new school and community-based programming. The successful candidate will have experience in research, evaluation, and education. This individual will also have an interest in building research and evaluation systems to support student learning and growth.
This position requires a high level of flexibility, attention to detail, strategic and creative thinking, and a high level of exemplary organizational and communication skills. Candidates must also have a strong desire to work in an environment that require s/he participate in an array of projects and tasks. The REI will report to NAF’s Executive Director and work closely with NAF’s Co-Founder & President, Board of Directors, and partners.
- Assist with the design and development of a quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments
- Help develop a research database as well as entry intake system and evaluation procedures
- Collect and enter data and perform basic analysis
- Create visual presentations of evaluation processes and results
- Develop an evaluation training program for volunteer art educators
- Coordinate training and practice exercises to conduct observations and interviews
- Prepare a preliminary written report of NAF program sessions
- Conduct literature searches and reviews
- Partner with NAF’s Executive Director to develop and implement internal systems and procedures to ensure effectiveness, consistency, and quality of evaluation and program enhancements
- Current or recently enrolled student in a research, social and behavioral sciences, and/or education undergraduate or graduate program
- Demonstrated experience with data collection, analysis, and/or report writing
- Passion for NAF’s mission
- Flexible to work night or weekend hours if necessary
- Strong problem-solving, project and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to articulate ideas in a group setting
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and track record of success
- Able to travel locally, as necessary
- Demonstrated project management abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Experience with research, education, or working in schools and communities is preferred
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google tools
- Experience with SquareSpace, MailChimp, and graphic design is a plus
- Job Function: Volunteer intern
- Full/Part Time: Full Time and Part Time available
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Job Category: Research
- Location: Chicago, IL
How to apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title and their full name in the subject line.
Noah’s Arc Foundation thrives on diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.